Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Squash Monster

Every time I walk out to our garden I sing to myself the B-52's song "Rock Lobster." But I have to admit to slightly changing the lyrics and singing instead about our Squash Monster.

There are five plants growing together in this massive clump of foliage: two zucchini, two crookneck squash, and one butternut squash.

We probably shouldn't have planted this beast so close to the house.

But, on a positive note, if we manage to survive the squash onslaught, we might be able to pitch a cheesy movie to the Sci-Fi channel.

Would anyone actually watch "Attack of the Squash Monster" or does it hit too close to home?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Squash Monster".... Where do you come up with your ideas? You were always very imaginative... Fun to read your blog!!!!

I love the picture.... Healthy and lush green... Beautiful!!

Love, Mom